Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bad Connection, Quick Update

The internet is doing funny things today, so I can't write much.

I am well and so are Kaysia and Zeke.  I've been busy with a variety of things.   I will continue to work on immigration tomorrow - I actually got an email response on Friday!  Not what I expected :)  I'll try the phone tomorrow and see if I can go 2 for 2!  Pray for things to move soon!

K, gross thing just happened!!!  A bird crapped on my hand and the edge (thankfully!!) of my computer.  I am outside (as most things are outside in Uganda) so I guess I am open to "the elements"!  GROSS!!  I gotta go and clean myself and the computer off.  I'll try to write more tomorrow.  Blessings til then!

Fighting in Uganda,

Teach

6 comments:

Shonni said...

Back home and was checking to see how things are with ya'll. I pray you all get to come home soon!
love,

Shauna said...

Praying for a VERY productive week!! Praying for you all! And ummmm..... I could have gone without your ummmm... bird update, haha! Man, you leave the orphanage and the birds get ya ha, Africa has a poop problem. :)

The Nieboer News said...

we are praying for an answer on the other end of that phone call. thanks for the update!

James 1:27 Family said...

Praying big prayers for the immigration paperwork!

Sorry but I burst out laughing about the bird. :) What is one of those big ones that break the street lights?

Glad to hear from you.

Have you read "A Distant Grief?" It's a life-changing book about God's presence in Uganda during the 70's. Here's a great quote from the book...

"Jesus Christ did not come to take away our pain and suffering, but to share in it."

Although painful, what you and Cheremi are doing is pleasing to God and He is standing with you. And so are we.

Praying,
Amy (and Court)

Willy and Julie Neudorf said...

Wow, sounds good, we are thinking about you alot and praying for you continually...

Willy actually would like to share some poetry with you (ha ha... a cowboy poet... not the same kind of poetry most people appreciate, but here goes anyway)

"As I was walking along one day minding my own affairs, I looked up and saw a little birdie fly by and low and behold he dropped a little whitewash in my eye, did I cry, oh no not I, I'm just thankful bulls don't fly."

It sounds much better when he actually recites it... maybe you'll have to ask him to recite it for you someday over some apple pie!

Can hardly wait to get together with your whole family!

Praying for you, James & Cheremi
The Neudorfs

Kathy said...

Still praying, James! I can't imagine how hard it is to wait - not just for you, but for Cheremi and the rest of the family too. Keep the faith! My grandkids sing a song, "God is bigger than the boogie man", and somehow I thought of it just now, 'cause God is bigger than the Canadian government, too. I'm believing that you will soon be on your way home with both of your sweet kids.

I love reading about the opportunities you're taking for ministry while you are there. The time is not wasted - God is using you there! If you get a chance to go out to Redeemer House again, I know they would love it. Bless you, my friend! God is in control - always!