Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Join us...

A dear friend, Linny, has posted a blog about praying and fasting for us and the whole situation with the Canadian Government for all the families trying to bring home kids to Canada.  Please read about it at "A Place Called Simplicity"

If you are willing and feel compelled, please join us, her and a whole bunch of other people in praying and fasting on Wednesday, January 6, 2010.  This fight is about a lot more then just me bringing my kids home.  Thanks for your support!  Blessings,

Fighting in Uganda

Teach

38 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I will be joining with prayer and fasting. As a Canadian this really bothers me. Yet I know that our God is bigger than the Canadian government.

Shauna said...

We are in and expecting great things from a Great God!

Jenn said...

I started following your blog a few days ago, and also saw the post at Simplicity. I, too, will be praying/fasting. Also posting on my blog about it!
Blessings~

The Nieboer News said...

I'm on it!

Miss. Jinny said...

You got it! Much love and prayers, Jinny

Jim and April said...

thats awesome! Thanks for letting us know!

Unknown said...

Our family will be joining yours! Honored to be praying for you!

Sandy said...

I'm in for wed. Already told Linny...been praying for all of you since the first call to pray....emailed Canada officials like Linny asked...didn't get any response from them....God SEES....
Burden bearer...
Lovingly,
Sandy

Kristi O said...

we are honored you would allow us to pray. I can't wait to see God move this mountain and unite your family in one country. Thanks for taking time to share. Come Lord Jesus!

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Praying for you in Japan. Found your blog from Linny's blog. Issues like this affect us all--it could be our children too! Keep us posted on how God is working!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you!

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Dear James and Cheremi,
I found your blog via Linny's and want to let you know we are praying for you today. My heart so is heavy for you and your family.

I just can't imagine how hard this has been but we got a glimpse of what you are going through last year. It took us 2 1/2 years to get our 9 year old son home from Guatemala and my husband and I took turns fostering him there the last 6 weeks of the adoption. It was very difficult, yet so small compared to your situation.

We're praying for God to soften hearts, move mountains, and bring you and your children home soon. (I added myself to your group of followers so you would know that we'll continue to cover you in our prayers.)

God Bless,
Kathie

Unknown said...

Every minute of my day you are in my thoughts and prayer. Many tears have been shed for this very long wait..... But God is faithful and in His time.... this too will pass!

natali said...

I pray peace and strength over your family. I pray that GOD moves the hearts of the Canadian government to open their land to the orphan once again, and quickly. I pray that they not have second thoughts, but to act fast with conviction from the Holy Spirit. May GOD bless you guys and your family, and bring your little ones home safe and swiftly.

Leah Wentzel said...

I prayed and fasted yesterday over a possible adoption in our own family as well as for your family yesterday. it was a day early but I'm sure God didn't mind.

I'm so glad HE still moves mountains!

Joanna @ Asking with Faith said...

Hey! I am so sorry about your situation. I am praying and fasting for you guys today. I am a Canadian teen (alberta to be exact) so this hits close to home for me.

Blessings!
Anna

carie said...

i am with you in prayer and fasting today! carie

Michele said...

I followed the link from Linn. I just wanted to say I am in too!

I also wanted to tell you how beautiful your family photo is! It makes my heart smile.

The Thomasson's said...

Psalms 46

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the water surge!

A river brings joy to the city of our God,the sacred home of the Most High. God himself lives in that city; it cannot be destroyed. God will protect it at the break of day. The nations are in an uproar, and kingdoms crumble! God thunders,and the earth melts!

The Lord Almighty is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress.

Come and see the glorious works of the Lord: See how he brings destruction upon the world and causes wars to end throughout the earth. He breaks the bow and snaps the spear in two; he burns, the shields with fire.

Be still, and know that I am God!
I will be honered by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.

The Lord Almighty is here and among us; the God of Israel is our fortress.

Chris said...

If the C*nadian government knew how many people are talking to God about them today! Praying from Pennsylvania.

Anonymous said...

Deuteronomy 3:22
Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you."

Nancy said...

Praying today in Connecticut!!!
Remember, "he came to set the captives FREE!" And that is what I feel you are. Go, God!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing...all the people joining together in prayer and fasting. Joining you all today....interesting...was already fasting today for Ugandan adoption...how amazing to be able to join forces with you all on behalf of your adoption, our adoption, and all the families awaiting Breakthrough with the Canadian Embassy & Ugandan officials. GOD IS GREATER!!!!!
GO GOD GO!!!!!
in faith BELIEVING FOR MIRACLES TODAY!!!!!!
in Great expectancy,
Steven & Angel
BC Canada

Ladyblog said...

Praying for your family and all the orphans around the world that don't have a loving home, especially due to beaurocracy. Please Lord, bring these precious babies home, Godspeed! Please give this father the strength and faith to keep hanging in there and fighting the good fight....

bonnie said...

What beautiful children you have. Soon.. all your children will be together ....under one roof ! Praying for you all from Asheville, NC

Connie J said...

Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
Isaiah 58:9-11
Praying for you!

Keltie said...

Reading all your encouragement has encouraged me today too. I hope you are peaceful today friends. Our kids are coming home someday soon. Our wonder-working God is faithful to finish what he has started in our families.

Keltie

candice said...

Have been praying and fasting today as well.

May the Father of the fatherless hear and answer our prayers and be glorified.

Love,
Candice

Anonymous said...

Proverbs 21:1 "The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will."

Praise the Lord for his perfect timing and will! Believing with you that your family will be reunited soon... He is using this situation to bring him glory! Be encouraged!

The Indenbosch's said...

Isn't it amazing how many are interceding on your behalf. This is exactly what God tells us to do and it is so good to see so many taking His will to heart.
We continue to pray.
May you be blessed.

Kathy said...

Brandi of "Living Freely" who sends out emails to ifasters (people who commit to fast and pray on Wednesdays for orphans) also mentioned this in her weekly post, and linked to Linny's post.

I just opened an email from Gracious, mommy at Redeemer House, who said she had met with Pastor Peter at Gaba Community Church and told him about your situation. She said she was going to Sanyu to talk to you, James, and extend an invitation from Pastor Peter to you and all the other waiting parents at Sanyu to be at Gaba Community Church on Sunday where the church will pray about this situation. I really hope you can go, James. Pastor Peter founded Africa Renewal Ministries (who, among other ministries, care for 5,000+ kids in Uganda), and he is a godly man of great faith and integrity who believes in the power of prayer. I know you will all be blessed if you go.

Continuing to pray for all of you, and to share your story with others so they will join us in asking God to work in a way that brings honor and glory to His name. Hang in there! We're holding you up in prayer!

The Ferrill's said...

Praying for you in Alabama...on my knees everyday.

Tony and Rett said...

Prayed...and will continue to do so.

Sending love and hugs from Indiana!

sierrasmom said...

Hi Linny sent me!!!
Luke 9:48
"then he said " whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all- he is the greatest."
I am praying for you all our family!!
Kathie in NY

sierrasmom said...

Hi I meant to type I am praying for all of your family but really...... we are all one family in His eyes!!!

Joel and Amy said...

We're praying, too. God bless!!

A said...

Standing with you continually, but also on the fasting and prayer yesterday! Prayed a lot specifically for your family at home too! That God would carry your wife and children and that you would remember He is their and your provider!
Expecting miracles...
Annie

Love said...

i missed this, as i was down w/ the flu, but you can trust that i am praying for your family daily! and praying for this canadian situation! ready to see God move big!