Thursday, November 19, 2009

Concerned...

Well, I had a great blog from today already worked out in my head (actually I had 2 separate ones) but recent news has sort of "trumped" what I was going to post.

We have heard heartbreaking news that another Alberta family that is/was (depending on when you read this - they are leaving tonight) in Uganda are heading home because Immigration in Nairobi has denied their visa and basically has said no visas will be issued for Ugandan children to come to Canada to be adopted until they can investigate further.  Of course, this is devastating for us too because we are right behind these people in the process and are trying to get visas for our kids too.

I am asking all of you (and if you could spread the news to your friends too) to PRAY.  Flood heaven with your prayers for these orphans who are being left behind because the Canadian High Commission in Nairobi is refusing to let parents take their children home, even after meeting ALL the requirements - paperwork, supporting documents, fees, everything.  In fact, I will take it a step further and ask you to join me in fasting for this.  The bible calls us to prayer and fasting and I don't have time to go into details right now, but if you are willing, please join me in fasting.  It doesn't have to be a specific day but I think I will be doing it this weekend on Saturday (that will give any readers time to read and decide if they want to join me.  Please anyone who wants, post this on your blog or link to this one - we need ALL the prayer and fasting support we can get.  These kids need to get home!  God is bigger than any government official or High Commission.  Let our prayers go up to Him and watch Him move!

Teach

24 comments:

Shonni said...

Oh my gosh...I'm crying...
I am praying...
and I am so sorry!

Momrempel said...

Praying in earnest for all involved!

Shauna said...

We are in and will join you Sat! God please crush this for the sake of the orphan!

Kathy said...

Oh, no, I am so sorry! Another attempt to foil God's plan - but we know that our God is bigger than any plans of man. Praying/fasting with you for your dear kids, and all the orphans who will be affected.

Keltie said...

God has something so big planned for our children. Adoption is war. It is a simple statement but so true. I need your e-mail address to add you to my private blog. :-) E-mail it to me at gaunts@telus.net . We are like family now that we all have Ugandan kids that need to come home. I have been meditating on Isiah 58 in the past months and will continue that during my fast with you and others this Saturday.

Rachel Goode said...

Proverbs 21:1 - "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases."

Praying that God change the hearts of those acting as "king" over your situation.

Esther said...

Praying with you all the way. We serve a great God who has promised He will work all things together for good to those who love Him. Our hearts just break for you but we will continue to trust.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I am crying my eyes out. I will pray hard for you all, for all those children who should be going home. I don't understand it and I need to go and pray now. God help those children to come home!

Indenbosch's said...

I will be fasting and praying for the needs you expressed.

Unknown said...

James, we believe in miracles and are praying for one right now.... despite this terrible news. God will find a way, for you to bring the children home. Love you very,very much MOM

TanyaLea said...

absolutely happy to stand in the gap and pray with everyone else here for all of you. God is WAY bigger and like you, I refuse to put Him in a box!

Hang in there and God bless! <><
~ Tanya

Mom Of Many said...

It is no surprise that the enemy of our souls wants to destroy the Lord's amazing plan for your sweet babies....

We will stand with you and pray and fast. God's heart is for the orphan and if God can move on a completely communist government to bring our little Isaiah home, He can and WILL move on the Canad*an Government to bring your babies home...

God is faithful! Do NOT lose heart and do NOT grow weary (easier said than done)....He who has begun a good work will bring it to completion!!

Much love from Colorado! xo

A said...

I have been following your blog since I read about your story on the Saunders blog. I am praying for your family and I KNOW that ALL things ARE possible and that our God who created the universe can absolutely change this!!! Praying in expectation of a mountain-moving-miracle!

Anonymous said...

We shout shouts of GRACE! GRACE! over this mountain of injustice! We sing high praises of the LORD over the high commission in Nairobi! So glad to partner with you to fast, pray, and praise in unity for FAVOR , breakthrough, and open DOORS for your children, our children, all the other families this is affecting and the "bigger picture" for such a time as this...an open door for the children of Uganda to come to Canada!!!
Let all our faith arise!!
Let our SOUNDS of praise be released to release the children from the spirit of Pharaoh! Praise JESUS HE is Greater and has ALL AUTHORITY!!
Lets DANCE on injustice!!
Blessings to your family from ours.Keep in touch.
Angel

Leanne said...

praying and fasting this weekend for all these Ugandan treasures to come home to their Canadian families.

Unknown said...

Oh dear...I am in tears! I am praying!! I have no words...oh how I am praying for your sweet family!!!

Mom Of Many said...

J&C,
I posted a request for a day of fasting and prayer on my blog this afternoon. God's plan will prevail, because He IS faithful!

We love you guys and stand with you...xo

Anonymous said...

Praying for you....heard about your problems over at
http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2009/11/favor.html a blog that I have been following.

I can imagine this is just as difficult as losing a baby to still birth or miscarriage. I am praying that soon your treasures will come home to you! Mom and Dad have also been keeping me posted about the situation.

P.S. I am Maurice and Henriette's daughter living in Germany, Henita

Erica said...

Joining in on all the prayers for the Canadian government. God is on the throne and HE has this all figured out. Praying for all the families caught up in this mess.

Sandy said...

I follow mom of many's blog and am praying for the adoption situation for all families who are adopting from all countries of the earth. God sees and He is Faithful. He can change hearts and situations.
I will be fasting with you on Sat. the 21st.
Psalm 61:1-2
In Him,
Sandy, NC

Gary and Michelle said...

Praying in England for you all.

Michelle

Melissa G said...

My heart hurts to read this news! I can't imagine what you must be thinking right now.
I'll be praying and following along with you now. And i'll be posting about this on my blog as well.

Love said...

james and cheremi...
just wanted to say how heavy you all have been on my heart. will continue to pray for you all often. i'll be fasting monday and pleading for all these children.
keep speaking TRUTH to yourself....He is definitely bigger than any of this.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I don't even know what to say, except, God is good. And we know He is still in control. I am praying and I will be fasting tomorrow (Monday).

Sarah